Monday, 25 July 2011 00:00
LOGINstall 3.1:Â Exception list for User Account Control
One of the obstacles for the company-wide deployment of Windows 7 is the restrictive User Account Control. As 'normal' users the employees often do not have administrative privileges needed to use legacy software. However, admin rights are not granted for safety reasons. LOGINstall solves this problem. It helps to remove barriers to use Windows 7 in agreement with security.
LOGINstall is careware and free to download for an unlimited number of users.
Those who plan the company-wide deployment of Windows 7 know about the issue that legacy applications from the time before this operating system often only can be performed in an administrative context. One problem with 7, for example, is that unprivileged users must enter an administrative user name and a password via User Account Control (UAC) to run the application.
LOGINstall allows unprivileged users to execute commands that were predefined by the administrator and defined in an exception list, while avoiding the obstacles caused by the UAC and without compromising the security concept. The tool provides a way to solve the problems of rights assignment and is an indispensable tool for secure IT environments.
Many Advantages for the Administrator
Increase your possible savings and unify all needed functionalities in the easiest way:
- realization as service with separate client (KIS);
- automated distribution of the service KISVC - even subsequently;
- automated installation of programs in the NETLOGON script;
- user-friendly menu (LOGINstall-MenĂ¼) to execute applications and centrally administered assignment of rights via .ini-file;
- execution of centrally approved administrative commands without UAC prompt under Windows Vista/Windows - use in modern environments;
- File Server Security, Encryption;
- registry entry of installed applications;
- integrated version management prevents double command execution
- no software proliferation
- no limitation in number of networked users
- no license fee and no registration, LOGINstall is careware